PR No. 101Government Spokesman’s Important Statement Islamabad: December 9, 2015
The spokesperson of the government has rebutted the assertions of Reporters without Borders regarding inadequate government’s measures to provide security to the journalists, media workers and houses.
The present government is committed to the security of media houses and working journalists in the country and is taking all necessary steps to create a congenial atmosphere where media persons could perform their obligations in accordance with their professional requirements and without any fear, the spokesperson told.
The spokesperson has further said that Senator Pervaiz Rashid, Federal Minister for Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage has also written a letter to all the four Chief Ministers for provision of adequate security to media houses and working journalists. Federal government, on its part, has constituted a committee to address all security related issues concerning media houses and working journalists.
The Committee has held four meetings so far and follow-up meeting would be held soon to further streamline the Plan of Action and to intensify measures regarding the provision of safety and security of the journalists, the Spokesperson told.
Pakistan is successfully fighting a war against terrorism and the whole world has acknowledged the sacrifices of Pakistan in the global war. Instead of appreciating the efforts of Pakistan and its government against this menace, the allegations and objections of Reporters without Borders are unfortunate, the spokesperson concluded.