13th meeting of National Police Management Board (NPMB) was held on Tuesday, 21st September 2021 at National Police Bureau (NPB) Islamabad. NPMB is the apex body of Police consisting of Heads of Police and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies, said a press release received here today.
The meeting was attended by Mr. A. D. Khowaja (Commandant NPA), Mr. Wajid Zia (DG NPB), Mr. Sanaullah Abbasi (DG FIA), Dr. Syed Kaleem Imam (IG NH&MP), Mushtaq Ahmad Mahar (IG Sindh), Mr. Salahuddin Khan (Commandant FC), Mr. Inam Ghani (IG Railways Police), Dr. Aftab Ahmed Pathan (MD NPF), Mr. Muhammad Tahir Rai (IG Balochistan), Mr. Saeed Khan Wazir (IG GB), Mr. Qazi Jamil ur Rehman (IG Islamabad), Mr. Sahibzada Mohammad Shahzad Sultan (Addl. IG Punjab), Mr. B.A Nasir (JDG IB), Mr. Feroze Shah (DIG KP), Dr. Liaqat Ali (DIG AJK) and was presided over by the senior most police officer Mr. Mehr Khaliq Dad Lak (NC NACTA).
The forum discussed several police related issues of national significance focusing on improving inter-organizational coordination, raising quality of investigation, capacity building of police in modern technology and forensics, enhancing professionalism and setting national standards and goals for public service delivery. The board members also laid wreath on the National Police Martyrs Memorial at NPB. Shaheed Salami and prayers were also held for martyrs of police force.
The forum made substantial decisions and recommendations including:
• Formation of Inter-Organizational Coordination Committees on Intelligence-Sharing and Transnational Crime to improve coordination among police organizations.
• Development of Joint Platform for Sharing of Crime statistics by Integrating Criminal databases of all Police Organizations.
• Formulation of the Strategy to implement the recommendations of Police Reforms Committee (PRC).
• Standardization of Forensic services across Pakistan.
• Conversion of B-Area into A-Areas in the province of Punjab and Balochistan
• Collaboration between Police and academia to conduct joint research on practical police issues.
• Introduction of ‘Handbook of Criminal Investigation in Pakistan 2021’ (compiled by NPB) in police training institutions and Police Stations across the country, in order to improve and standardize the quality of investigation.
• Establishment of Provincial/Organizational Desks at NPB in order to strengthen NPB as the Secretariat of NPMB.
It was unanimously agreed that the call of the hour is to focus on improving public service delivery through better police-public relation, modernization, capacity building, better accountability mechanisms, improved quality of investigation, standardization of procedures and service conditions and better coordination among the police organization in the country.
The forum appreciated federal and provincial governments for taking measures to enhance police proficiency. The board also applauded DG NPB Mr. Wajid Zia PSP for conducting the meeting in the most professional and beneficial manner.